Staff site visit Covid-19 Protocol
- Ascertain whether the property is occupied. Ask the occupier to complete and return the residential or non-residential pre property inspection questionnaire before the visit.
- Travel to and from the inspection by car rather than public transport. Only use public transport when essential and then taking all necessary precautions as deemed appropriate
- When meeting contractors or other persons ask them to confirm that they have no Covid-19 symptoms, have not been tested positive, have not been self-isolating and have not been in contact with someone that is Covid-19 positive or suspected positive within the last 14 days.
- These questions should be asked before the visit and responses confirmed in writing. It is assumed that anyone you are meeting will not be in an at-risk category as outlined by the government.
- Carry tissues for use for coughs and sneezes and dispose of in a plastic bag.
- Use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure.
- Observe social distancing rules and advise others to do so. Keep 2.0m apart and avoid confined spaces. Hold meetings outside if practicable.
- Avoid contact with surfaces as far as possible.
- Wash hands regularly if facilities allow.
- After the visit sanitise all equipment used during the visit and before the next visit.
- Carry masks and gloves. The wearing of these is your own personal preference. Wear them if requested by the occupants or persons you are meeting.
- Do not carry out a site visit if you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
- Do not carry out a site visit if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone that is Covid-19 positive or suspected positive within the last 14 days
You should familiarise yourself with Public Health England and the Government guidance on minimising the risk of infection and follow the guidance at all times during your work activities.
Revised March 2021